Sunday, June 20, 2010

My new Chandelier -for a whopping $10!


Remember when I told you back in January that I dream of having a crystal chandelier? (http://creativeinkansas.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-want-crystal-chandelier.html) I didn't get a crystal one.. (some day!) However, I did get a new chandelier for my dining room and it cost me a whopping $10 at a yard sale!
I had already taken the light fiture that came with the house down and painted it black. Which means the light fixture in this room has come down twice in the past year. My hubby said this one has to stay for a while.. I guess i will just have to figure out how to add some crystals to it! ;)

Here is the old one, not bad, but not as formal looking as the new one.

What do you think of my switcheroo?
P.s. Day 6 without diet coke, starting to crave it less.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE it! I gotta start going to the yard sales again! I was worried that I was becoming a hoarder....But I would sure like a new chandelier like that one!

Becca Ross said...

This is beautiful! Way to go on the diet coke too!

Becca

Susan said...

Great purchase, Amy. If you want to see my chandelier transformation, check my blog's May 2nd entry. A lot of the baubles were purchased at a local Dollar Store and they are gorgeous! Take care. Susan

Christy said...

Love the chandelier, that's chains really make it stand out as something different, and fun.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love that little chandy~ I've been wanting to paint mine for a while...
Come join our friday's favorites party!

Pam said...

I got one similar to yours and at Christmas went to Hobby Lobby and bought "crystal" ropes and ornaments to add. I love it.