Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Surprise for Mom- Red Shoe Candies

My mom lives a few hours away and is having a 'tea' at her house this next weekend. I'm not going to be able to make so I decided to make her a surprise today and ship it to her tomorrow. FYI, I am certain that my mom is one of the most amazing woman that has ever existed and that she has the most beautiful heart imaginable! Anyhow, in the past she would host themed teas with friends. This will be the first tea that she has had since my sister passed away in 2008 (she just hasn't felt up to it, especially because my sister was always a guest at her teas). Her theme this time is "Eat the cookie and buy the shoes' based off the book written by Joyce Meyer. I believe the concept is that it's okay to occasionally treat ourselves.


I thought it would be fun to make her some cookies that are shaped like shoes, decorate them all pretty and ship them, then I invisioned them arriving to her in pieces! So, I decided to go another route and make her some high heel candies. Check them out!
Now, I need an occasion to use this..... :)