Thursday, January 28, 2010

The things I treasure...

I try not to be a materialistic person. I do not want to need things. Unfortunately, although I may not be a materialistic person, I do tend to be a sentimental person. The items I treasure most are the ones that remind me of people, or moments in my life, that I hope never to forget. For example, this angel, it was given to me when I was 16 years old.












To me then, it was just an angel, nothing special. I said thank you, upon receiving it and didn't think any more about it. Until now, 16 years after the fact. Now this angel is non-replaceable. Is it a collectable? No, it's broken in several places and if it could talk it would surely say, "please bathe me."

So why is it so special? It's special because when I was 16, the person that gave it to me, was my 19 year old sister. My sister who is no longer with us. And now, when I look at this angel and see it's smile, I think of her. I think about how happy she must be in heaven, surrounded by the angels.

Do I need this angel, this thing that collects dust? No, because I have my sister with me in heart, every moment of every day, but I still enjoy it.

No comments: